Zeewind

Zeewind

zaterdag 25 februari 2012

Patching up, and work on the boom

A couple of nice days giving me the opportunity to patch up some of the paint work in the cockpit. Two part white DD paint, that I mix early in the morning to ´settle´, whatever that means. I put it on early in the afternoon, when most of the moisture will have been gone. Did an explanatory note on the puzzling climatology time lag of the hurricane frequences behind arctic tree ring data. I hope the tree ring guys did a serious job. Otherwise, I might have made a fool of myself. At the end of the afternoon, the paint was hardened, offering a good feel. Next week I want to do some job on the boom, strengthen it a bit.by adding two Oregon Pine side bars against it.
My boxlike kevlar covered ply dinghy fits neatly under the cockpit seats, as it should.  As my barge neighbor stated - if your boat sinks, just stay in the cockpit, revealing horrible stories on whale attacks, and such..

Geen opmerkingen: